Knights of Gaia aka =.KoG.= - Multi Gaming Community

Clan founded in September 2017 for the game Insurgency, since January 2018 we are now a multi gaming community running servers for many games!

Possible "Improvement" to the AFK Timer?

TotallyNotMatte

Date d'inscription/Registration Date : 2018-01-22
    Localisation/Location : Sweden

Possible "Improvement" to the AFK Timer?

Post by TotallyNotMatte on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Right, so I'm aware of the fact that the afk timer has already been a subject talked about, although from what I saw not to much extent, I'm not saying remove it or extend it, just a slight modification, I'm not sure if it's possible to do this but I would imagine it probably is.

So my idea is that you make it so the timer doesn't start whenever you're not doing anything, unless of course it's mid round and whatever, but the way it is right now if you're afk for 90 seconds DURING a round while dead you'll be put in spectator, which honestly doesn't sound like a good thing. Perhaps there's a way to make it so the timer only affects people who are currently alive? Like I said, I don't know how this whole thing works fully or whatever, but that's my idea.
    =.KoG.=Kosmos
    Founder
    Founder

Date d'inscription/Registration Date : 2017-09-23
    Localisation/Location : France

Re: Possible "Improvement" to the AFK Timer?

Post by =.KoG.=Kosmos on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:01 am

AFK manager should not be excluding dead players in the first place. At least that's how it is normally set to.
    I don't know myself yet why it's acting this way. For now to prevent this, just move your mouse from time to time and/or switch who you are following dead.

I'll have to conduct some tests with guinea pigs to see how it can be improved. (the cvar created should be excluding dead players exept on new round when the player hasnt came back to choose his weapons).

On side note, it seems that this plugin isn't suited at all for Codename Cure game as it will move to spectators players at random somehow o_o

Current date/time is Tue May 22, 2018 2:41 am